The Homunculus is a special pet which assist Alchemist classes in ways such as a support, an instant partymate, or a sacrifice for the player. Alchemist classes must go through the Bioethics Quest to unlock the appropriate skills required to create a Homunculus. After the quest, the passive skill Bioethics will be available to the player and the rest of the Homunculus skill branch will be available through the distribution of skill points.
Types of Homunculus
There are 4 types of Homunculi with various attributes unique to each.
Obtaining a Homunculus
- Main article: Potion Creation
- (not consumed)
Once an Embryo is obtained, use the skill Call Homunculus to summon a new Homunculus. There is a chance to get 1 of the 4 base Homunculi and another chance to get 1 of the 2 sprites available to each type of Homunculus. Although not completely proven, there is a popular "fact" that the creator of the Embryo's stats play in a role in the probability of summoning each Homunculus.
Homunculus Stats and Skill Points
Homunculus have their own set of stats apart from their masters, these will have a set amount upon summoning and will vary as it levels up. With each level, a Homunculus will receive a certain amount points to each stat (STR, AGI, VIT, INT, DEX, LUK) depending on which type of Homunculus. These stats are invisible under the Homunculus Stat Window (Alt+R). The Homunculus's ATK, MATK, Hit Rate, Critical Hit Rate, DEF, MDEF, Flee Rate, and ASPD will be visible. The Homunculus also gains one skill point for every three levels. Unlike status points, one can apply these to whichever skill one would like.
To calculate the Homunculus' stats, use the following equations:
ATK = Floor((STR + DEX + LUK) ÷ 3) + Floor(Level ÷ 10) MATK = Level + INT + Floor((INT + DEX + LUK) ÷ 3) + Floor(Level ÷ 10) × 2 HIT = Level + DEX + 150 CRI = Floor(LUK ÷ 3) + 1 DEF = (VIT + Floor(Level ÷ 10)) × 2 + Floor((AGI + Floor(Level ÷ 10)) ÷ 2) + Floor(Level ÷ 2) MDEF = Unknown FLEE = Level + AGI + Floor(Level ÷ 10) ASPD = Unknown
After evolving, the Homunculus' Intimacy resets to 10 (Hate). Once its Intimacy reaches 910 again (1 point before Loyal), a fourth, new skill is unlocked.
Controlling the Homunculus
Here is a listing of all manual functions with the Default AI. In general, there will be no need for any other manual functions in most Custom AIs.
- Alt + Single Right Click: Target monster
- Alt + Double Right Click: Attack monster
- Alt + T: Standby, Idle/Passive mode, cancels all commands and returns to master
- Alt + Right Click Ground: Move to location (15 tile range)
- Alt + R: Information window
If the player is dead, manual commands can't be issued.
In Renewal and Zero, Homunculus does not have any AI.
Feeding and Intimacy
Much like pets, Homunculus require feeding. Feed the Homunculus when its hunger is between 11~25 to get 1 full point of Intimacy. Feeding at the other times will give less than a full point and may even reduce the Intimacy. If one forgets to feed the Homunculus, its Intimacy will eventually decrease, and it will leave the master if it goes below zero Intimacy.
In the Homunculus status window, you can turn on Auto Feed, so that your Homunculus can be fed automatically.
|Starving at 1% ~ 10%||-1|
|1% ~ 10%||0.5|
|11% ~ 25%||1|
|26% ~ 75%||0.75|
|76% ~ 90%||-0.05|
|91% ~ 100%||-0.5|
The homunculus also display emotes as a way of warning the player. The emotes used are:
|Hunger below 11%||*|
|Player feeds without proper item|
|Player feeds at 1% ~ 75%|
|Player feeds at 76% ~ 90%|
|Player feeds at 91% ~ 100%|
|Failed to use skill|
|Failed to evolve|
Intimacy is crucial for evolution, if/when evolution is added, obtaining the final skill, and AFKing. Intimacy has not been proven to affect Homunculus' stat growth. This value is not shown in the Homunculus Stat Window. However, for each interval of Intimacy points the Homunculus has, the window will show:
|1 ~ 3||Hate with Passion|
|4 ~ 10||Hate|
|11 ~ 100||Awkward|
|101 ~ 250||Shy|
|251 ~ 750||Neutral|
|751 ~ 910||Cordial|
|911 ~ 1000||Loyal|
The player dying, the Homunculus dying, or the Homunculus vaporizing does not affect Intimacy. Stressing it (other than using their ultimate skills) is the only way that to lower its Intimacy. One can stress the Homunculus by not feeding it (Hunger < 11) or overfeeding it (Hunger > 75).
Each hour of starving causes the Intimacy to decrease by 18 (3600 seconds per hour / 200 seconds per loss). If the player is away from the computer for a full 24 hours of starving, the Homunculus' Intimacy will decrease by 432. If the player can no longer use Call Homunculus or Homunculus Resurrection, then the Homunculus has left its master for good. However, the master is able to create a new Homunculus.
Experience and Leveling
The level limit for a Homunculus owned by an Alchemist is 99. When killing monsters, the Homunculus gets 10% of the Base EXP gained by the Alchemist. So, basically:
- Homunculus kills monster → Alchemist gets the Base & Job EXP from the kill → Homunculus is given 10% of the base EXP the Alchemist gets.
- Alchemist kills monster → Alchemist gets the Base & Job EXP from the kill → Homunculus is given 10% of the base EXP the Alchemist gets.
- Homunculus & Alchemist tag team to kill the monster → Alchemist gets the Base & Job EXP from the kill → Homunculus is given 10% of the base EXP the Alchemist gets.
Basically, regardless of how the monster is killed, the Alchemist gets the Base & Job EXP and the Homunculus gets 10% of the Base EXP.
- They gain a skill point for every three levels. There is no Job Level equivalent.
- They do not obtain additional EXP from increased server rates, Battle Manuals, or EXP increasing gear and cards.
- Their Flee rate and Defense is not reduced by the number of monsters.
- Their Hit Rate is capped at 95%. Even if it has way more hit than required for a monster, it will always miss at a 5% chance.
- All Homunculi have a base Attack Speed of 1.4 seconds per attack (ASPD 130). Different stat growths lead to different attack speeds of each Homunculus.
- Homunculus' stat growth is random, nothing will affect which stats will grow and which stats will not.
- Homunculus can hit Ghost property monsters.
- Other players can't Heal homunculus, but Sanctuary heals them
- Homunculus movement speed follows the owner's condition when he/she summons it, revive it, or moving map zones.
Need confirmations from other players about buff. Some buffs can be casted on homunculus but it's not clear they're affected or not.
|Levels||Experience • Party System • Guild Level|
|Leveling Methods||Regional Quests • Eden Group Leveling Quests • Leveling Spots|