Plunging headfirst into Ragnarok Online is fun, but newer players will benefit from having some knowledge of what will occur during the game. Remember, though, that Ragnarok, like all MMORPGs, are dynamic and things constantly change.
Creating A Character
Before you can start playing, you need to set up a character (the person you will play as). Once you have logged in, you will be presented with a Server choice window. After this, you will see a number of empty boxes. Over time you can fill these boxes with various characters.
You will now need to choose your character's appearance and name. Select a hairstyle and color (the clothes you wear will be determined later by your class), and fill in a name.
Once you enter Ragnarok Project: Zero's world, you will be able to give your character his or her basic Stats.
- It is recommended that you look at the various Classes and select the one you like.
- You can play as any class you want, but first, select the first class type.
- As you progress in the game, your level will rise and eventually you can then change into more advanced classes.
- Check out your desired class's information and find out which stats you need first.
- For example, if you would like to be a Swordsman, it would be usually among STR, DEX, and VIT or AGI.
- However, since you can't get all of them, just try getting a mix. Don't worry, it's normal to have a few messy stats.
The World of Ragnarok
The world is divided up into a vast variety of regions. There are Towns where you are safe and can chat with other players; there are Fields, the regions right out of towns where you can encounter wild monsters; finally there are Dungeons, where more challenging travels await.
Finding Where You are
Use the /where command in the chatbox to find out where you are. You will get a map name and coordinates. If you're completely lost and have some friends, you can give them your location and they'll find you.
Tip: Remember, you have a World Map to help you find your way if you get lost.
Getting from place to place is a common task you will need to do. There are many ways to get around.
- Using the /navi command. Format: /navi mapname x/y
- Example: /navi izlude 122/207
- Using the navigation box. In the list of icons under your Basic Information, click on the flag icon. Input a NPC's name, click on its location and then Find.
Returning to your Save Point
Each character will have a save point. This is the place where you will return to if all goes wrong (for example, you get killed). To set your save point, find a Kafra in one of the cities (you can ask around if you don't know where).
If you get lost in your journeys and just want to get home, you can return to your save point by dying, using an Eden Group Mark or Butterfly Wing item, or relogging (going to the "select character" screen and back) on certain maps.