The Adoption System is the process of becoming a Baby class by being adopted by a married couple. Becoming a Baby requires the adoptee to be a First Class or Novice and the parents must be both level 70 or higher.
How to Adopt
- Have a male and female become married.
- Invite the character that is to become adopted into the party.
- Note: Parents must have their wedding rings equipped.
- One of the parents must right click the child-to-be and select "Adopt <name>". Said character will be prompted if they want to be adopted by you - if they click OK, they will become the parents' child.
- Note: Parents can only adopt one character.
Adopted characters and their parents gain access to new skills.
Skills for Adoptees
- Mom, Dad, I love you! - Parents will have no death penalty for 2 minutes; Requires 10% of the child's MAX SP Amount
- Mom, Dad, I miss you! - Summons parents to the child's location.
- File:Go! Parents Go!.png Go! Parents Go! - Increase all Parent's stats by +3 for 60 seconds within 7x7 cells around you.
Skills for Parents
- Come to me, honey~ - Summons child to parent's location.
Benefits of being Adopted
- The child will be able to share with both of their Parents at any given level, as long as the Parents are both 70+ and in the party together on the same map. This makes leeching from 1/1 to 175/60 possible. All members of the family must be on the same map to set party share. This method can also be done while one member of the family is dead on the map, allowing the exp to be shared between two of the three family members.
- The child is now Size Small. This renders Skel Worker Cards ineffective in PvP against child characters, as the only aspect of it that will affect them is the +5 ATK per card.
- Since the child is Small sized, the Knight skill Pierce will only do 1 hit.
Limitations of being Adopted
- Child's HP and SP are only 75% of Max HP and Max SP.
- Adopted characters cannot increase a stat past 80 base or 117 base if 3rd job.
- Any stats over 80 will be converted to raw status points upon adoption. (This does not apply to babies adopted prior to renewal update, even though the interface displays no more than 80. This is only a display bug)
- Carrying capacity of adopted characters are lowered by 1200 compared to a normal character.
- Adopted characters cannot Rebirth/Transcend (but can change to their respective Third Class upon reaching 99/50, missing out on Transcendent skills and the additional status points)
- Adopted Blacksmiths' and Alchemists' Forge and Brewing skills rates are decreased by 50%.
- Once adopted, a baby character cannot be adopted again if one or both parents are deleted, or the adoption is removed.
- Parents may be able to adopt again if the adoption is removed (see below).
- On iRO, adoptions can be removed via filling out a Support Ticket if certain conditions are met.